Improvisation and play is central to Hanna’s practice, and is embodied in her object-gesture pieces, made intuitively and spontaneously in response to specific ecologies.
1. Eight Birds and a Stone, stone, water, cranberry juice, San Carlos Reservation, Arizona, 2013
2. Venation I, Oak Leaf and hand, Dawyck Botanic Gardens, October 2013
3. Venation II, Horse Chestnut Leaf and hand, Water of Leith Walkway, November 2014
3. Line, a sculptural intervention, Isle of Canna, September 2012
4. Moon Tag, chalk circle outline at new moon, filled in at full moon, various locations, December 2014 – ongoing